Crockpots are beyond wonderful, aren’t they?
Seriously, I don’t know what I would do without mine. It is so nice to have something delicious ready and waiting for dinner.
All Crockpot recipes make life easier, but this recipe is super easy and incredibly versatile. There are tons of ways you can enjoy it: as part of a salad, in a wrap, over corn chips, in taco shells, etc. We served ours over a bed of baby spinach and brown rice, and topped it with avocado, cheddar cheese, and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Macros (per serving): 26 C 5 F 39 P
- Salsa - 454 g (one 16 oz. jar)
- Beef (top round) - 1/2 kg, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Limes - Juice of one
- Salt (pure) - According to taste
- Red pepper (crushed) - According to taste
- Bell pepper (mixed colors) - 433 g seeded and chopped (about two to three peppers)
- Onions (red) - 300 g peeled and cut into eighths (about one to two onions)
Pour half of the salsa into the crock of your slow cooker.
Lay the beef evenly over the salsa.
Top the beef with the lime juice and seasonings.
Layer the remaining salsa on top.
Cook the beef mixture on low for eight hours. About forty minutes to one hour before the cooking time is complete, add the bell pepper and onions to the Crockpot. (This helps keep the veggies a bit crisp!)
That's all there is to it!