I don’t mean to keep harping on the TX heat, but it is seriously making itself at home these days. I don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon, either.
That being said, I had a special request from the hubby for lasagna.
Lasagna = baking
Baking = oven
I absolutely adore my husband, but in this heat, turning on an oven was just not going to happen.
Now, I am very blessed to have not only an understanding husband, but also a husband that is pretty much a human garbage disposal, so I know that I could have easily made something else and he wouldn’t have minded a bit.
But, he also does pretty much anything I ask…so I really wanted to return the favor!
We also had some family over to visit for the night, and my amazing mother-in-law brought lots of fresh goodies from her garden…including GOLDEN grape tomatoes!
As an experimental chef, being given something new to try in a recipe is beyond-words exciting!! I knew I had to use them in a recipe immediately! (If you don’t have an amazing mother-in-law to bring you adorable golden grape tomatoes, have no fear: you can substitute with regular reds, if needed.)
So, what happens when lasagna, golden grape tomatoes, and unbearable heat all meet??
Incredible. Mouth-watering. Goodness.
No-Bake Greek Lasagna
(Serves 6 to 8)
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 T virgin coconut oil*
- 3 to 4 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 10 oz. red grape tomatoes
- 10 oz. golden grape tomatoes
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt, according to taste
- 2 tsp. natural all-purpose seasoning
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (make your own!)
- 2 oz. Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese (plus a bit extra for sprinkling)
- 4 large sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
* If you order by clicking on any of my Tropical Traditions links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a FREE book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.