How about a nice, warm chocolate chip cookie for breakfast??
In fact, why not make it almost like a chocolate chip cookie cake??
Oh, and how about sweetening it only with nutritious fruit?
What’s that? You’d also like it packed with fiber and nutrients?
And you’d really like to include the amazing health benefits of coconut, too?
Is that asking too much??
Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Sea salt, according to taste
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, all-natural applesauce
- 1 1/2 T date sugar (optional…I didn’t use any, but it all depends on the size of your sweet tooth!)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 T raw cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips, if desired), plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 T melted coconut butter (make your own!)
Add the vanilla, applesauce, and whisked egg to the dry ingredients and stir together until evenly combined. Fold in the cacao nibs.
Drizzle the baked oatmeal with coconut butter goodness. Sprinkle with extra cacao nibs, if desired.
Like all of my baked oatmeal recipes, you can easily double (triple! quadruple! quintuple! [yes, it is a word, and yes, I had to look it up!]) the recipe for your family or guests. You could then even bake it in a muffin tin, or simply a larger baking dish.
I’m seriously having so much fun experimenting with new baked oatmeal flavors! Any special requests for what I might try next??