Looking for a new, nommy way to add some broccoli to your diet?
Look no further!
As if pesto wasn’t healthy enough with the goodness of olive oil, now you gain an extra nutrient punch by adding broccoli to the mix!
It should be noted that this recipe makes a BIG ol’ batch of pesto. The hubby and I have been loving this fact, as we can add a dollop here and there to nomify everything from sandwiches to eggs to crêpes! You can do the same, or you can easily halve the recipe if you aren’t quite the pesto fanatics that we are.
- 2 broccoli crowns, steamed (I LOVE my steamer!)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup raw almonds (or you could also use walnuts, pine nuts, cashews…you name it!)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, according to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper