I know many think of winter as crockpot season…but for me, any time is a good time for a Crockpot!
Especially if you are insanely busy!
Which I am.
All the time.
But, even a good kind of busy can equal almost zero time for cooking!
And this make for a very unhappy experimental chef. 🙁
Or at least it would. If it weren’t for the kitchen invention adored by countless fans around the world: the Crockpot (aka, slow cooker).
In fact, thanks to my Crockpot of goodness, I was able to create two nommy recipes this week without breaking a sweat or losing loads of time on the clock. (That’s right…that means you have another delicious Crockpot recipe soon to come!)
How did I celebrate my success? With heaping spoonfuls of this satisfying stew, but of course!
Chicken and Pumpkin Stew à la Crockpot
(Serves 6 to 8)
- 4 T extra virgin coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 to 10 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced (or a few T jarred)
- 2 15 oz. cans pure pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 to 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt, according to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (and a little extra as a garnish)
- 1 head broccoli
Combine all of the ingredients, except for the broccoli, in your Crockpot. Set the Crockpot on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Dish this nommy goodness into bowls and sprinkle each serving with an extra bit of fresh cilantro.
What’s your favorite Crockpot creation??