Oh, July in Texas.
Can there BE anything more sweltering?!? (Chandler Bing…anyone?)
dehydrating trying times such as these, refreshing summer salads are a must.
And what’s one way to make a salad even more refreshing??
Now, when it comes to grilled fruit, peaches often garner the spotlight. Believe me, I love a peach as much as the next gal, but we must be careful not to overlook its fuzz-free counterpart: the nectarine.
Like peaches, nectarines are filled with mouth-watering, juicy goodness. They also just so happen to be loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants, potassium, and fiber. All the more reason to love them to juicy bits!!
So, go ahead: give your nectarines a chance to shine in this simple, filling, and refreshing salad!
Quinoa Salad with Grilled Nectarines and Fresh Basil
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, warm quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- Virgin Coconut Oil (optional)
- 15 oz. can organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar (or more!)
- Sea salt, according to taste
- About 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra for sprinkling
Sprinkle each serving with a bit of extra basil.
That’s really all there is to it!