This recipe has me so excited for so many reasons!
First of all, it was one of those recipes that you completely make up as you are doing it.
You fellow experimental chefs know the kind I mean.
That’s right, one of those throw-things-in-the-pan-and-see-what-happens kind of recipes.
And the final reason I’m head over heels in love with this recipe??
Why, it’s incredible nomminess, of course!
I know, I know…I say that about every recipe. And I do truly mean it for each one.
But this one.
This one takes nommy to a whole new level.
Whole Wheat Vegetable Pasta with Fresh Basil and Lemon
- 16 oz. whole grain pasta
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T virgin coconut oil
- 4 to 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 yellow squash, quartered and chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz. grape tomatoes
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Sea salt, according to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. all purpose seasoning (e.g. Mrs. Dash)
- 2 large bunches of fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of two lemons
- Freshly grated Romano cheese (optional)
The hubby and I were astonished.
I gotta say, the more and more I experiment with whey, the more and more I love it!! This just keeps giving me more and more reasons to continue feeding my Greek yogurt addiction.
When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss it with the olive oil and half of the lemon juice. Mix the vegetables evenly into the pasta.
Savor the burst of nommy flavor in each and every bite!